My personal websiteI started my personal website few years ago as a place to show my works. However I soon realised that most of my works are for my companies which I can not show any images of these projects. But somehow this website is a appearance of me on internet.
Motivation for the changeI have updated my personal website several times. I tried from Gatsby, NextJs with foundation css and now with Svelte and tailwindcss.
The last version I used Svelte and tailwind with a custom made design that I got inspiration from dribble. But after 3-4 months living with this I soon got tired of this because it is too simple and I did not have an easy way to add more content. So I started to rework on this website.
How I reworkedMy stack is
- Svelte Kit for front-end
- Tailwind CSS for styling.
- Design, I got inspiration from this https://dribbble.com/shots/15997808-Web-Chat-Messenger-UI-kit
- GraphCMS for managing my content
- Static json for my portfolio data
- Vercel for hosting my website
And yeah now the result is what you can see. My website works on both mobile and desktop. I took me 2 days (apprx 8hours) to work on this website I think
What I loved about the setup
- Vercel is easy to use hosting provider
- Svelte is fun to work with
- Tailwind is easy way to style, especially consistent padding and margin
- animation is somehow easy to work with Tailwind
- graphcms is enough for me at this moment. I will monitor the usage of the cms.